About this Blog

This is about the combination of two interests, Radio Control vehicles and Science Fiction models. This blog documents my science fiction spaceship and radio controlled vehicle projects.

Sunday 10 July 2022

Dart Scoutship part 1

 Here is another new project I have recently started. This is unusual for me in that it is a small and quite quick project. I generally prefer to work on bigger models however I was curious to see how this would turn out as a simple display model without having to worry about any lighting or sturdy model mounts.

Whilst trawling through my stash of parts I came across the wings of a Revell 1/32 scale Mirage fighter jet kit I have had for probably a decade. Inspiration struck and I just had to start building.

Spreading the delta wings apart at the root resulted in a star destroyer style triangular wedge shape and I figured it could be the basis for a small one man craft. I had a 1/72 Mig jet cockpit canopy and fuselage section from another kit and combing that with the fin from the Mirage kit and some styrene sheet and a small selection of kit parts resulted in the shape shown in the photos below.









 I added a small pilot figure that seemed to be smaller than all the other 1/72 scale figures I had on hand so I am guessing the scale is somewhere around 1/96. The model support is some 2.4mm piano wire that plugs into a hole in the model with some 6mm PVC sheet buried inside.

The model is 255mm long from tip to end of the rear probe and 215mm wide.

With the construction and detailing phases complete I sprayed some grey primer.

 














There's a little bit of filling and sanding to do then its onto the paint finish. I am aiming for a 1970's scifi bookcover type of vibe.

Thanks for looking.

More soon...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts in the Last 7 Days