About this Blog

This is about the combination of two interests, Radio Control vehicles and Science Fiction models. This blog documents my science fiction spaceship and radio controlled vehicle projects.

Tuesday 11 July 2023

Heavy Salvage Tug part 2

It has been one year and one day since my last post. In that time I have done virtually no sci-fi model making whatsoever. Instead I have spent a whole year fixing up my old house to sell, buying a new house, changing jobs, moving all my stuff, doing renovations on the new house and finally setting up a new workshop space.

I am happy to report that rcscifi is finally resuming operations (and not before time too, I was starting to get very antsy).

I have completed detailing the six tanks for the Heavy Salvage Tug , just some very thin strips of evergreen and some random bits of textured sheet along with some kit parts for tank access hatches.

 



 

Then they were sprayed them with primer along with the bridge interior.

 

 
 
 
 The tanks were then permanently super-glued into position onto the tug hull which had been given a coat of grey primer a year ago.

 





 

The next step will be designing a paint scheme for it by taking a side view primer photo into photoshop and fiddling about until I have something I like. 

Thanks for looking... more soon.

3 comments:

  1. Way to return with a bang: not one but two posts! I still think this is the best blog on the internet. The tug looks great and it was especially inspiring to see your early work.

    I hope the new place has an even bigger workshop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the trouble to comment. Indeed the workshop is larger. I used to have about 25 square meters and could barely move and now have just under 36 square metres basically a two car garage, the car has to stay outside in the weather, sc-ifi modelmaking is infinitely more important than the car.

      Delete
  2. I agree with pahoota, the time you take to show and explain your build process is really helpful. Thanks a lot and keep on truckin.

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts in the Last 7 Days