About this Blog

This is about the combination of two interests, Radio Control vehicles and Science Fiction models. This blog documents my science fiction spaceship and radio controlled vehicle projects.

Sunday 7 April 2019

rcscifi is now on facebook

Just a quick post to  let you know there is now a rcscifi page on facebook. It is pretty much a mirror of the rcscifi Instagram posts. If you do a search for rcscifi or type @rcscifi in the search box you should find it. This blogsite will still be the place where all the detailed build descriptions will reside. However if you don't like the google comment system you can make use of the facebook comment system.

Here is a sneak peak at a future project.

I recently got hold of a 1/16 Scale Heng Long Leopard Tank chassis via ebay and was given an unwanted clear plastic twist drill stand cover at work. I thought they might go together for a relatively simple project and took a photograph of the two disparate parts arranged together.

 
This photo was then fiddled about with very roughly in photoshop until I got something I thought might be worth pursuing.



That painted image was then dropped into DraftSight and some dimensions figured out in 2D CAD.



I looks a bit like a cross between a Jawa sandcrawler and Thunderbird two, but that's what the shape of the clear drill cover suggested to me. That's as far as I am going to take it for now as there are some other projects besides the current Moebius-1 that are crying out for completion. It will be interesting to see if I can resist the temptation of a new project and finish some old ones. Based on previous form it would seem highly unlikely... we will see.


3 comments:

  1. I might have to check out some of the programs you use, as I want to turn one of my projects into a 3D model to be able to tweak it some more.

    The sandcrawler looks pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately Draftsite are going to discontinue the free version at the end of this year so I am going to have to look for a new free 2d Cad solution.

      Delete
  2. Better planning! Aha! I'll bet that is one of the keys to any good build. It's going to look good, but I'm really excited to see the end of those other projects too. (Mind you, I just went back and added some things to an earlier project, so I'm okay with the idea that a model is never quite well and truly "done."

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts in the Last 7 Days