About this Blog

This is about the combination of two interests, Radio Control vehicles and Science Fiction models. This blog documents my science fiction spaceship and radio controlled vehicle projects.

Sunday 21 April 2019

Moebius-1 part 8

The cockpit interior is now painted and the lighting tested.






As you can probably tell figures are not my strong point particularly in these small scales, 1/24 in this case.
I don't know how people work in the small scales it's all too tiny and fiddly for me, I much prefer 1/16 and larger, they are easier for me to both see and hold with my clumsy mitts.
Big spaceship models often don't have visible cockpit interiors so it never becomes an issue however this model has it all nakedly on display.

Most of the interior light is white and is coming from the central console screen lighting the pilots and the back wall with two bright white LEDs.
Added to that are four bright blue LEDs coming up through a chunk of acrylic (perspex) from behind the back wall and exiting sideways for some blue fill light and possibly some kind of wierd power source, who knows, I just make this stuff up as I go along.

Next job is to mask up the bubble and complete the exterior detailing.

Thanks for looking, more soon...

1 comment:

  1. I love the lighting and the interior. This is really turning into a grand model.

    If you'll pardon a brief diversion, the difference in perspective between a professional F/X modeler such as yourself and a hobby modeler like me is amusing. I'm so used to thinking of 1/48 and up as the "big" scales and things between 1/72 and 1/87 as sort of more typical that hearing 1/24, which I would call an enormous display model scale, referred to as small makes me smile and chuckle. I suppose it all really depends on what you're modeling or why. Even in movies I expect the small stuff can be darn useful. (Forced perspective, distant shots, and so forth.) But 1/24 small? Heh! A fair part of my collection is 1/2400 and I have friends with 1/6000 models. Scale models of real things. (Albeit large things. Aircraft carriers, say.)

    Anyway, fantastic stuff! I am constantly inspired by your work. I really need to get some glass in a couple of my cockpits and some lighting. It makes a big dang difference. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts in the Last 7 Days