About this Blog

This is about the combination of two interests, Radio Control vehicles and Science Fiction models. This blog documents my science fiction spaceship and radio controlled vehicle projects.

Thursday 21 June 2018

Reverse Trike Part 4 Finished

The Reverse Trike project is the third model in this latest push that has now been completed and just in time for the setting up the Supanova display tomorrow (Friday 22 June 2018).

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.

It wasn't easy going either, the low tack masking was lifting the top colour from the primer which meant I had to do repairs on the paint job which was a real nuisance. I solved the problem by using a hair dryer to heat the masking tape as I slowly peeled it off after spraying the decorative markings. I'm not sure what caused the top coat to be so fragile in the first place, probably putting on one thick coat in the first place instead of lot of light coats. The trouble being that I was in a hurry to get it done in time.

I took all the photos of the finished vehicle and then decided to test out the radio control aspects, which all worked fine. After the test outside in the driveway I returned it to the bench and then stupidly turned off the transmitter first (which you should never do). It sat there quietly while I went to do something else and then suddenly when into full throttle, flew of the bench, bounced off some saw horses and hit the ground snapping off part of the right fender where the headlight is attached. Much groaning ensued and then I had to set to and do a hasty repair and repaint of the damaged area. It doesn't quite look as good as new but it is going to have to suffice.

Here are the photos of the completed project taken before the damage.













Three projects brought to completion in 2 weeks, that's got to be a record for me. I'm actually a bit knackered but I do enjoy being in the shed.
Posts will probably get back to being more infrequent again as my holidays are nearly over and I dont have the Supanova display deadline looming any more.
My priority is to continue finalising old projects with one of the oldest vehicle projects in much the same state of completion as the Explorer was. I may also then return to one of the spaceship projects as I haven't finished one of those in a while.

Thanks for looking.
More soon...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing.
    Great looking model.
    How was it at the show?

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts in the Last 7 Days