About this Blog

This is about the combination of two interests, Radio Control vehicles and Science Fiction models. This blog documents my science fiction spaceship and radio controlled vehicle projects.

Monday 25 March 2024

Container Spaceship part 10

I have completed the bridge interior for the Container Spaceship. The figures are 1/48 scale. 

I had to make separate walls and floor and back wall sections to get it into the space. I started by hacking out a lot of internal material at the back of the command pod to get enough access to slide the walls in followed by the floor section. When I made the structure originally I didn't think through the problems of getting my fat fingers through the small roof hatch I provided.

Two small windows made from 2mm perspex (acrylic sheet) were glued in.


After construction I sprayed the sections with white primer.



Then painted the figures and added a pin wash with Burnt Umber oil paint heavily diluted with artists odourless turpentine followed by drybrushing with white acrylic paint.


After that had all dried it was installed into the pod from the back and secured with a few drops of superglue. The lighting is the usual 12volt led strip light cut into the shortest possible length of three lights.












The last part of the construction for this model is the hanging deck from which all the containers are mounted. I have not figured out exactly what to do here yet. I also have to come up with a method to conceal the wiring that splays out from the centre pod to both the bridge and engines. 

It would be nice to get this finished before WASMEx 2024 which is at the beginning of August. I'm not sure if I will make it as there is a lot of paint work to do after the construction is finished.

This project was started in October 2016 so it has been a long road to follow with the usual waxing and waning of enthusiasm and motivation over those years. While enthusiasm for the project is still high there is no guarantee that I wont be distracted by the next shiny idea.

Thanks for looking.

More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts in the Last 7 Days