About this Blog

This is about the combination of two interests, Radio Control vehicles and Science Fiction models. This blog documents my science fiction spaceship and radio controlled vehicle projects.

Friday 17 August 2018

Post Comments

Google changed the way the comments system worked in May 2018 with out telling me. Since then I have not received an email notifying me that a comment has been left as I always did in the past. All the comments are moderated by me, that is I have to read them and then approve them for publishing on the blog posts. I have been wondering why nobody was commenting anymore, first assuming that interest in my projects had diminished so much that nobody was reading anymore. I just did a search on the topic and find its a huge issue for all the users of google blogger with masses of complaints about the change. I casually looked at the comments awaiting moderation and there was a small stack sitting there I didn't realise was there.
I have now approved all the comments that have been waiting in the queue and apologise for the lateness of publication. The comments really do keep my motivation high and I appreciate the time and effort taken to make them.
In the future I will be more diligent in scanning the comment moderation list.

On a side note I am now on instagram, search for #rcscifi
I occasionally publish sample pictures of the projects before I do a blog post but the blog will be the best place to read all the detail and see all the pics on a any project.

Below is a photo from a show I worked on in Sydney Australia in 1989. It was a series of the Japanese giant superhero Ultraman known as Ultraman Into the Future or Ultraman Great in Japan. It was the first series shot outside of Japan in english. I co-designed and built this underground base along with Adam Grace.  I also designed and built the small white 6 wheel service trucks you can see. They were made from a block of pine wood, some kit parts and some wheels from cheap toys I bought in the Franklins supermarket over the road from the studio. I might do some posts on the work done for this show in the future.


If you're curious the series can be found on YouTube and a making of video the first episode of which is below. I must warn you that it is no Citizen Kane but it does however have some interesting examples of miniature effects done on a very low budget. I can add that it was a huge amount of fun to work on, 'cause nuthin' beats building models and blowing them up.




more soon...

2 comments:

  1. Well, that justifies my belief that your work should be in movies. :D I still firmly believe good model work trumps CGI any day of the week. Well done sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new CGI series of Ultraman on Netflix now. Why do they bother remaking perfectly good shows with CGI?

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts in the Last 7 Days