After a slight deviation into the Escape Pod Mk2 project I returned to completing the cockpit of this Escape Pod project or Shuttle Pod as it has become.
I made up a seat assembly which is removable at the moment so that I can get some paint into the interior.
I decided to light the internals of this cockpit with bright blue leds, 4 in total and with a forward drop of 3 volts each all 4 could be wired in series and run on a 12 volt supply without a preliminary in series resistor.
I then made a console that fits over the light housing in much the same way as the Escape Pod Mk2 project using sandpaper frosted acrylic sheet diffusers surfaced with 1mm black styrene fascias perforated with screens and holes for lights. In this instance, due to the blue leds, there was no point using any Tamiya clear colours to back the various switches as they would only come out as darker shade of blue. I thought the blue-lit interior might make an interesting complimentary colour contrast with the hull which I am planning to paint yellow. We'll see if this works out in practice. The console has been nurnied using many tiny parts from a Trumpeter Stryker kit. If you want lots of really tiny nurnies that's the kit for you.
Next up is scribing panel lines and paint.
More soon...
About this Blog
This is about the combination of two interests, Radio Control vehicles and Science Fiction models. This blog documents my science fiction spaceship and radio controlled vehicle projects.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Most Popular Posts in the Last 7 Days
-
This model was started around the same time as the "Sony" model. It is so close to being finished I don't know why I didn'...
-
I have detailed the interior. Below is the ceiling with some N-gauge railway signals glued on. Notable details are out of date covid test re...
-
This model was made in the late 90's. It was again made from a disparate collection of shapes. There is a central spine made of some PV...
-
The Ultraman production purchased a collection of miniature buildings that were originally made for an unfinished version of Total Recall ...
-
For an all too brief period, in the late 1980's, I worked as a modelmaker in the visual effects industry. Miniature effects was the only...
-
With a dozen or so of unfinished projects lying around I started a new one I call the Space Barge. Over a year ago I purchased a couple o...
No comments:
Post a Comment