About this Blog

This is about the combination of two interests, Radio Control vehicles and Science Fiction models. This blog documents my science fiction spaceship and radio controlled vehicle projects.

Monday, 21 September 2026

Sci-Fi Industrial Structure part 2

I have detailed the interior.

Below is the ceiling with some N-gauge railway signals glued on.



Notable details are out of date covid test receptacles in the central room. Blue transparent acrylic knitting needles are also added as pipes.


Here it is with the ceiling in position.




I added a flashing strobe beacon to the top of the tower.




It uses a two pin 12 volt 9watt led lamp that is made from clear silicon.
I found a strobe circuit on a video on facebook and converted it to a vero board layout. 
It has an adjustable frequency to change the flash rate. you can see its effect in the video below.



Further detailing is underway.
I added some pipes to the large diameter support tube.
The pipes are made from EPDM foam rubber solid round section. 
This material is easily superglued into position and is flexible so that complicated bends are simple to produce. 
It also forms a natural smooth radius as it bends and being solid does not flatten in a bend like tube does. 
It is spongy to the touch but once painted will just look like a hard surface. 
I have used it before to look like rubber hoses on RC vehicles.



Still many more pipes and surface details to add.
I started this project thinking it would end up being at 1/24 scale but then thought maybe it was looking more like 1/35. 
I have come round to thinking that in fact it is more like 1/24 scale after all so I am planning on adding ladders, hand rails and probably a couple of figures in that scale.

Thanks for looking
More soon...












No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts in the Last 7 Days