About this Blog

This is about the combination of two interests, Radio Control vehicles and Science Fiction models. This blog documents my science fiction spaceship and radio controlled vehicle projects.

Monday 18 May 2015

Mini Lathe

I got a new toy. After moaning about the small size of my Unimat 3 lathe for some years I found a 7X14 Seig C3 lathe on Gumtree nearby where I live and went and had a look at it. It was set up for CNC with two stepper motors attached as well as the control boards and power supply etc. Now I don't really have much call for multiples of the same parts so luckily for me the owner still had all the original bits that were stripped off for the CNC conversion.
I got it home and started to clean and rebuild it back to original spec. I had to order some extra accessories such as a drill chuck and some cutting tools. I still want to get a 4 jaw chuck, a cam lock tailstock kit and a few other things in the future but I am pretty happy with it. You can see how much bigger it is than my Unimat 3 in the photo below. The C3 is classed as a mini lathe, I guess the Unimat must be a micro lathe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts in the Last 7 Days